Kids will love these FALL Garden-based Science, Nature, and Nutrition Lessons written for Pre-K and Kindergarten students.
The included autumn activities serve as an introduction to growing your food while exposing children to planting and harvesting crops, depending on the appropriate season. Lessons also incorporate a healthy dose of age-appropriate nutrition while planting the seed about the importance of taking care of our planet.
- 10 scaffolded easy to teach lessons that build upon themselves from week to week
- Cross-curriculum content that brings real-life relevance to other subject areas
- All-inclusive photos and resources provided, which means less prep time and more time learning outdoors (printable pages for kids are also included)
- Each week has a 2-3 page scripted lesson so that the teacher or parent can lead with confidence
Topics Covered Include:
- Seasonal Planting (Warm versus Cool Seasons)
- Cucumbers (Nutrition and History)
- Apples (Varieties and Tasting)
- Pumpkins (Circumference Activity)
- Pumpkins (Using our senses and descriptive adjectives)
- Leaves Changing Color (Chlorophyll and Photosynthesis)
- Worms (Anatomy and Decomposition)
- Soil (Healthy Composition)
- Potatoes (History, How to Grow, Introduction to "Tubers")
- Fall Harvest (When and How)
This tested elementary school curriculum makes it easy to have or add garden-based learning to any classroom or home. Kids will not feel like they are doing any "work" while engaging with their environment. Learning about where our food comes from encourages community, collaboration, environmental awareness, and life-long healthy habits.
Having a garden plot is helpful but not needed for these lessons to be impactful!