Kids will love these Garden-based Science, Nature, and Nutrition Lessons, written for Pre-K and Kindergarten students (they can also be used with older children).
The Pre-K and Kindergarten Spring Lessons begin with instruction on pollination and animal preservation. Lessons then shift toward teaching children how to make healthy eating choices by “Eating from the Rainbow.” This season is jammed packed with information about smart nutrition!
- 10 scaffolded easy to teach lessons that build upon themselves from week to week
- Cross-curriculum content that brings real-life relevance to other subject areas
- All-inclusive photos and resources provided, which means less prep time and more time learning outdoors (printable pages for kids are also included)
- Each week has a 2-3 page scripted lesson so that teachers and parents can lead with confidence.
Topics Covered Include:
- Pollinators, flowers, and plant pollination
- Monarch Butterflies and their survival depended upon the Milkweed plant
- Sunflower symbolism and seed nutrition
- Introduction to "Eating from the Rainbow" focus on the nutrition of red fruits and vegetables
- Nutrition of orange fruits and vegetables
- Nutrition of yellow fruits and vegetables
- Nutrition of green fruits and vegetables
- Nutrition of blue/indigo/violet fruits and vegetables
- Nutrition of white and tan fruits and vegetables
- All about corn and a corny celebration
- Recipes throughout the book
This tested elementary school curriculum makes it easy to have or add garden-based learning to any classroom or home. Kids will not feel like they are doing any "work" while engaging with their environment. Learning about where our food comes from encourages community, collaboration, environmental awareness, and life-long healthy habits.
Buy this single book of 10 seasonal lessons for $47 (or buy the COMPLETE - 3 Book Pre-K and Kindergarten series for Fall, Winter, and Spring for $125.00).
Comes in a sturdy spiral-bound format printed on 14pt extra thick semi-gloss card stock for durability outdoors (Covers are 16pt).
Having a garden plot is helpful but not needed for these lessons to be impactful!